Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a lot to be thankful for this year. Not only do we have a healthy toddler with a pleasant disposition, but we also now have the joy of having family in town with us. This August Daniel's mom and stepdad moved to Americus to be closer to us after Bud retired. It is so nice having them here, not just for the free baby-sitting, but simply to be able to share our daily lives with them and for them to get to be a part of Taylor's life growing up. I never lived this close to my grandparents, so it is a treat for our children to be able to be close to at least one set of theirs.

We are also thankful for the new little one coming. We recently found out that we will be having another little girl. This is a blessing because Taylor will have a little sister to play with and we already have everything that we would need for a baby girl. Now we just have to decide what to do about furniture. We are planning to move Taylor into the spare room since it is larger and let her take her furniture with her. Katelyn (the new baby) will get the nursery with decor and we will get new bedding and decor for Taylor. That is the plan right now, but things could change. I figure we still have until May plus the time until Katelyn is ready to go from the bassinet to the crib, so we have plenty of time to decide.

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving early with Bud and RuthAnn and then headed to Chattanooga for Thanksgiving Day. Here are just a few pictures that we took while clowning around at Bud & RuthAnn's.


On Thanksgiving Day we got together with my family in Chattanooga. My mom and sister prepared the meal. One thing about living so far away is that I don't have to do much prep for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I kinda feel guilty about not contributing though. Taylor had fun playing with her cousins, Joshua & Rebekah. She was a little bit reserved, but I think it was just that she wasn't used to being around very active children in a confined space. Joshua & Rebekah are so different from her. She is a lot quieter and would rather just do her own thing. They still had a lot of fun though.
In this picture Daniel had been spinning the girls around in the computer chair. This was a moment when they settled down for just long enough for me to get their picture.
Group hugs! Taylor was being a little clingy and then Joshua came over and was giving Taylor some lovin'.
Rebekah wanted to get in on the action too.
Taylor hangin' out with Granddaddy
Taylor loves music any way she can get it. She enjoys bangin' around on the piano.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You do NOT need to feel guilty about not preparing food when you have to travel. I used to feel that way going to Ann's, but I've learned that she loves doing it. If it works out for me to make something I will, but if not it's no big deal. I am amazed at how much y'all travel with Taylor and fit it all in. I certainly think you're free to not worry about preparing food on top of all that. I'd rather fix food than travel.