Friday, January 9, 2009

"I'm Sahee!"

Taylor has been doing some really cute things lately. I told you about the opposites thing the other day. Well, I have been trying to teach her good manners as well. She has this habit of throwing her toys down in the car when we reach our destination. That doesn't so much bother me, but the other day I was getting Taylor out of the car and picked up her Cabbage Patch doll (which used to be mine) and gave it to her to carry into the house. She threw it down on the ground. I immediately told her that it was not nice to throw her dolls on the ground. I picked it up, dusted it off and told Taylor to tell her she was sorry. She proceeded to say, "Sahee!". I took her into the house and removed her shoes and her sweater all the while she kept saying, "Sahee, sahee." I told her to give her baby doll a kiss and so she did. As I was rocking her for naptime she still kept saying, "I'm sahee." I told her that it was okay and that she was forgiven.

Daniel's mom and stepdad have this singing Christmas tree that they put out every year at Christmas. It is only about a foot and a half tall. This year they put him in the spare bathroom. It is either light sensitive or motion sensitive because even if you just walk past the bathroom he will start singing Jingle Bells. It is annoying for us, but Taylor thinks it is hilarious. His name is Bruce the Spruce. Everytime we'd take her over there she would go looking for Bruce and call out his name. Well, now that the decorations are put away Taylor still calls out for Bruce. She even talks about him at home. Yesterday we were getting ready to head to their house for dinner. Taylor was on the kithen floor playing and I asked her if she wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She jumped up and headed toward the door. I said, "Let's get on your shoes and socks and comb your hair." Immediately she ran to get her socks where she had taken them off and then went into the bathroom for me to comb her hair. This was especially cute to me because lately she has been resisting everytime I want to comb her hair or put on her clothes or anything. Everything has to be on her terms or not at all. If I ever ask her to do something she always runs away or says, "No." Once I got her ready to go, I was putting her jacket on and she leaned down the hallway and cried out, "BRUCE!" It was so funny. I was a little concerned that she would be upset when she found out he was gone, but she seemed to forget about him once we got there and she was playing with other toys.

No comments: