Saturday, January 3, 2009

Birthday Party

Be prepared for picture overload. Alicia and I decided to have a joint birthday party for Taylor and Joshua on Monday once we had returned to Chattanooga. Taylor's birthday is Jan. 9 and Joshua's is Feb. 20. Since Taylor's birthday is so close to Christmas, I didn't want everyone to feel obligated to come down to Americus so soon after Christmas for her birthday party. I think everyone appreciated that. Alicia decided to do the same thing for Joshua for us, but we will just send him his gift on his actual birthday. We invited a couple of close friends that I hardly ever get to see and just kept it an intimate party with no gifts. My friend Jenny and her 3 children came, but Tina and her little boy were sick and unable to come.

The theme was Raggedy Ann & Andy. I thought that would be the perfect theme for a joint boy-girl party. Daniel had given me the 85th Anniversary edition dolls as a gift a while back and we decided to use them as the centerpiece. Alicia had a cake specially made with a picture on it. Daniel picked up some pizza for us.


Alicia decided to do Hawaiian Punch to keep with the Red, White & Blue theme. As you can see, Taylor really enjoyed it. All the kids liked the cake and ice cream.

Madeline, Anna Beth & Rebekah all enjoying their cake & ice cream

Anderson liked playing with the balloons.
All the kids gathered 'round the piano for some musical fun.

Anderson & Joshua doing their thing.
After our guests left, Taylor opened her birthday presents from the family. Alicia and Darrin gave her a Baby Born doll that actually pees and poops when you give it a bottle and feed it. Rebekah looked on with great anticipation while Daniel struggled to get the doll out of the box.

Taylor immediately started feeding her new doll and then proceeded to feed herself.

My parents (Grandmommy & Granddaddy) gave Taylor some food for her new play kitchen. Again, Rebekah was very anxious for Daniel to get all the play food out of the box.

Taylor and Rebekah having a mid afternoon "snack"


Did no one tell him that doll buggies are for girls???
Taylor gets a devotional book and clothes from Grandmommy & Granddaddy

Cousins at play

2 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for posting about the party I missed. It looked like a lot of fun! I am even more disappointed now about not being there!
I didn't know Jenny came with her kids. I am so glad they did so that ya'll had a good party.

Alicia said...

I just posted my stuff this morning from the party, too. Our router was going out, and the pics wouldn't upload until Darrin replaced it. I've got loads of stuff to post on my blog!