Monday, April 20, 2009

Coming Through the Terrible Two's

The past two weeks have been pretty tough in the area of discipline. It seemed that everytime I would tell Taylor not to do something that she would do it out of defiance. If I told her "no" about anything, then she would whine or even start crying. She has been sick with allergies or a cold, so that has not made it any easier. I think that may have contributed to the whininess. Being in the last stages of my pregnancy it has been really trying to deal with it all day long day in and day out. There are times that I think she might have been bored too and just needed a playmate. Well, it seems that she has taken a turn for the better. This weekend Daniel and I got to have some time away from her. I think this may have been the start of something wonderful. Friday night we had the rehearsal dinner for Laura Greene's wedding. That was like a date night for us. On Saturday we were gone for the wedding. During all this time she got to spend some quality and quantity time with her grandparents. She loves them and I think having the time away from her did me good. On Sunday Taylor was in the best mood - well for the most part. She was rather fussy after church but I think she was just hungry. We had our new Music Minister, Joe Horan, and his wife Sara along with their baby Ella over for lunch. Sara's sister and niece were also with them. Sara's niece is about 7 years old and was a fun playmate for Taylor. I think it helped her to have someone to play with. Sunday night Taylor was in the best mood. She has also been a different child today. Usually she always has to be watching something on TV whether it be Praise Baby or Hermie, but something has to be going in the background. Today was not much different, but she did play a lot better on her own and seemed to be more interested in the toys in her toy box. She actually allowed me to rest on the couch while she played with her Little People school bus. It was so nice.

This afternoon we went over to Bud and RuthAnn's house to drop off the pack 'n play. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and they will be keeping her all day for me and will need to get her down for a nap at their house. They also will need it there when I go into labor and keep Taylor for us. I had intended to drop it off and come back home, but Daniel ended up coming over there after work and we stayed for dinner. We had Praise Team practice at church at 7:30 so Bud and RuthAnn offered to keep her while we did that.

Praise Team practice went really well. It was determined that we would rehearse every Monday night at 7:30 to be prepared to lead worship on the following Sunday. This will give us a chance to hear all the music and practice on our own through the week and not be scrambling to get it together on Sunday morning. I am really excited about Joe and his vision for the Praise Team. He is more prepared and organized than any other worship leader I have worked with. Even though I will be taking some time off here pretty soon from singing, I can't wait to get back involved. I am so excited to see how God is going to work in our worship ministry.

Photobucket

No comments: